- Ricochet DAO
Ricochet Token (RIC) is the Ricochet DAO governance token
Ricochet Token (RIC) is the Ricochet DAO governance token with a fixed supply of 10 million tokens. All 10 million tokens were minted and transferred to the Ricochet DAO Treasury, a Gnosis multi-signature safe. RIC uses voting to decide on how to use the funds accumulated in the DAO's Treasury and to make other decisions. Below are the official addresses of Ricochet DAO.
Ricochet's Whitepaper details how RIC will be distributed. The details are summarized below:
- 1,000,000 RIC to streamers as part of our V1 Liquidity Mining program
- 1,000,000 RIC to the Core Team that works on making V1 a success
- 8,000,000 RIC to the Ricochet DAO Treasury to be allocated by RIC holders
Token holders with more than 10,000 RIC be able to put forth proposals using Snapshot. The primary role of governance is to determine how to allocate the remaining 8,000,000 RIC and the fees collected in the Ricochet DAO Treasury. Proposals may include but are not limited to:
- Listing new tokens on Ricochet
- Allocating RIC distributions for newly listed tokens
- Funding to complete projects and to reward contributes
Ricochet DAO has a history of rewarding bug hunters so get in touch right away if you find any bugs in the protocol or application.
Version 2 protocol and app will require bug fixes so there is a bounty program specifically for tackling the bugs. Submit bugs as Github issues and share them in #development in Discord.
Ricochet DAO uses token gating on Discord and governance discussions happen behind the token gating. You need to meet one of these qualifications to access the token-gated channel where governance is discussed:
- 1.Stream 20 USDC/month to the Ricochet Launchpad
- 2.Hold 100K RIC tokens
Use #collabland-join channel on Discord to verify your wallet and access the communications channels you need to participate in Ricochet DAO governance.
- 1.Make a thread in #proposals in our Discord.
- 1.Start thread off with a summary of your proposal
- 2.Include the desired structure of the Snapshot poll. This includes the vote duration, choices, voting system (single-choice, ranked choice, etc; Snapshot shows you the options)
- 2.Allow at least 72 hours of debate to take place. Consider new ideas and tweak proposal as needed.
- 3.Once sufficient debate has taken place and opinions have manifested, head over to Snapshot and cast the proposal out for voting.
- 4.Inform the community in #proposals that voting is live.
Ricochet went live on July 15th 2021 and started to incentivize liquidity on the protocol by issue ing a RIC token. 10% of the $RIC supply is being distributed to users of our version 1 stream exchange contracts. During specified periods, users streaming into designated Stream Markets can earn RIC tokens proportional to the size of their streams.
RIC incentives are ongoing on it's markets. Check the application to see which markets are being incentivized at anytime. Here's a history of the first 10% of incentives for Ricochet: