Ricochet supercharges Superfluid stream salaries by giving users the ability to invest their tokens in adjunct streams. It's totally hands-off!
Allocating a portion of your inbound streamed income into a Ricochet rexMarket is like auto-converting part of your salary into the crypto of your choice. For example, if you want to convert some of your DAI salary into MKR and ETH as it arrives in your wallet, just set up streams into our MKR and ETH rexMarkets at the rate you prefer. It's that simple!
Here's an example of how Ricochet works:
- 1.Your employer streams your salary to you in DAI, at a rate of 5k DAI per month.
- 2.You decide that you want to invest 5% of your income into ETH and 10% into MKR.
- 3.You set up a stream that automatically converts 250 DAI per month into ETH using the DAI→ETH rexMarket.
- 4.You set up another stream that automatically converts 500 DAI per month into MKR using the DAI→MKR rexMarket.
- 5.Sit back and relax as Ricochet takes care of the rest, automatically buying ETH and MKR for you at the rates you specified.
One way to think of using Ricochet is that you are converting your salary into a custom "streaming portfolio". The process is like subscribing to a custom investment plan of your choice, only this investment plan puts your money to work the second you receive it.
Beyond just investing in tokens, Ricochet also offers rexLP, which allows you to convert your streams into yield-bearing Sushi LP tokens. The yield and earned trading fees accrue straight to your wallet without the need to claim. Through rexLP, users can automate their yield strategies to passively create passive income!
The core idea behind Ricochet is the concept of networked cashflows. When you take a part of your salary stream and stream it out to a rexMarket, you're already engaging in a networked cashflow. Stream in and then stream out.
Imagine that you receive rapid 20-minute distributions of the target asset you're getting back from the rexMarket. With Ricochet, you can take that target asset and stream it into something else, like a rexLP, and earn additional yield on it.
Here's an example:
- 1.Your employer streams your salary to you in USDC, at a rate of 5k USDC per month.
- 2.You want to invest 100 USDC of your income into ETH and another 100 into USDC/ETH LP tokens staked on Sushiswap, earning MATIC + SUSHI
- 3.You set up a stream that automatically converts 100 USDC per month into ETH using the USDC→ETH rexMarket. Another that converts 100 USDC per month into USDC/ETH LP tokens
- 4.You start receiving distributions of MATIC and SUSHI from your USDC/ETH LP positions
Last modified 2mo ago